When I was traveling in the Cinque Terre region of Italy, in 2010, we disembarked from the train in Vernazza and wandered down into the town. We went to a Coffee Shop, right on the beach, ordered 2 café macchiatos, and sat down to plan out the rest of our day.
As we relaxed, and sipped on our coffee, I observed the woman behind the counter. She was clearly a foreigner, speaking with a heavy accent, but chatting nonetheless with all the patrons, who all greeted her warmly as they came in. And I thought to myself – “If I came to stay in Vernazza for a time, I would like to get a job in this coffee shop … I would get to know everyone in the town … AND meet so many great foreigners!”
And the idea for the Coffee Shop Project was born.
Have you ever wanted to go to another country, and be, not a tourist, but a connected and contributing member of the community?
It is relatively easy to find a flat to rent, easy to find a language school to attend, easy to book some tours, but HOW do you achieve the most important piece? HOW do you meet and connect with the people there?
- Maybe you are at a crossroads and ready for a new experience?
- Maybe you’d like to take your kids, explore the world, and broaden their horizons?
- Maybe you see connecting with people globally as an integral step towards World Peace?
- Maybe you want to learn a new language, and you know that total Immersion is the way to get it done?
- Maybe you just want to perfect your Barista skills!
Click here to stay informed about the project progress and to be a part of the experience!